Sunday, July 22, 2012

Alai Cafe (Waterfront Miri)


Alai Cafe located at Waterfront Miri, same row as Silverspoon.

Sizzling black pepper mutton hot plate. I loved this very much the taste was not too strong or too weak. There are some bones and fats, so far acceptable. 

Butter Milk Kailan (wet). This was quite fine, except there is taste of kailan, i think it's not cooked with water before stir-fried.  A bit too spicy as added chilli, those who can't take spicy food, remember to ask for less spicy.

Midin Belacan. This tasted nice but slightly spicy. The flavour of shrimp paste is the one that I prefer, not too odd. But the Midin's texture itself, I don't like it. Hard to bite?!

Tom Yam Soup. I asked for heavy taste, so I think the chef had boosted up the flavour. It was just fine, not watery. But the ingredients were too little, just some vege and very little squid. Or I shouldn't expect so much it was just soup. LOL

This is the last dish. Sweet and sour pork. This was fine also, slightly sour and came with a lot of onions and green pepper which I think it's good. 


This is recommended by my friend, Khim. It's owned by her friend in secondary school. As I know, there are two owners, day and night. Daytime, it serves whatever available in normal coffee shops. At night, it serves dishes. We ordered 5 dishes which cost RM72 including 5 drinks and 5 bowls of white rice. I think it's considered cheap. I will definitely drop by to try out other dishes.

Location: Waterfront, Miri. (Same row as Silverspoon, opposite See Hua News)

No comments: